Cats are skittish and adventurous by nature – a reason they can come in contact with dirt and germs very quickly.
Thankfully, they also love taking care of themselves and keeping neat regularly which means that you don’t have much to worry about. However, at times, cat lovers/owners duty as well to keep their pets in good and healthy shape.
How to Proceed With Cat Grooming?
While most people tend to believe (and wrongly so) that cats do not need grooming, it is important for them to realize that grooming is not just about looking good. Here is how it can help your feline friend.
– It keeps a certain hygiene level and helps maintain healthy skin in cats
– Stimulates the production good oil secretion in them
– Helps in lubricating and waterproofing the fur, making it shine.
– By removing dirt and parasite like fleas from them, it maintains good health in them and prevents them from the spread of dangerous diseases in them.
– Grooming allows air circulation in the skin preventing loose hair.
Everybody loves the look of a well-groomed cat – the time spend is absolutely worth it!
The Top Myths about Cat Grooming
Your Feline Friend Can Take Care of Themselves
You think that your feline friend doesn’t need additional grooming and can clean themselves? While this isn’t entirely false, it is also true that they are bound to get dirty and run the risk of an infection or a disease and therefore grooming is highly recommended for them.
All cats hate water
A highly inaccurate generalization – some cats also enjoy playing with water. It all depends on how it has been brought up. Faucets, for instance, are something intriguing for most cats.
Cats do not require to be trimmed
Well, they do. Furs can grow in no time, and you would need to trim everything from the furs to the crusts in the eyes.
Cats do not need to be brushed
Your furry pal can also get oral diseases causing a lot of pain and serious health problems in them.
If you don’t have the time, there is no need to do it daily, but do regularly brush their teeth with the specially tailored cat paste available.
When Should You start?
Groom your cat from a young age – it helps them to get accustomed to such routines later on.
Tips to Remember
– While grooming is actually good for you cat, make sure you’re not over-grooming your cat.
– Make the grooming sessions a fun activity for the both of you.
– Schedule them at the right time when the cat is relaxed or in a good mood and not otherwise. Otherwise, it’ll end up being a nightmare for the both of you.
– Always check for any signs of disease or infection on him, and schedule an appointment with your veterinarian at the earliest.
It is important to remember that grooming is a necessary part of the feline’s life and can make a tremendous difference in your cat’s comfort and health, which can be visibly seen.
Also check out how grooming your cat at home can benefit your cat.
<– Back to Likeable Pets.